Tuesday, February 5, 2013

An Introduction



Thanks to discovering and subscribing to Spotify in late 2011, I decided that in 2012 I would listen to as many new releases as I could.  

Over the course of the year, I listened to about 350 albums spanning many, many different genres and styles.  Of those albums, I identified 30 as my personal best of the year.  I then set out to compile a list of my favorite 50 tracks from the over 3,800 songs that I listened to.  Over the next few days, I will detail both lists in a very, very subjective way.  This is not meant to be anything other than one man’s opinion on the music of 2012.  So sit back, and please enjoy.

Note: There were A LOT of albums and songs that I enjoyed, but I couldn't call them the best of the year.  Those will be discussed in an “Honorable Mentions” post (or two) that will follow the Best Of… lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment